FIC Membership Regulations
For admission to the membership of the Council, representatives of international organizations and foreign companies (“Candidates”) shall submit applications to the Executive Body (Committee on Investments of the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Kazakhstan) in a specially established form.
The major criterion for admission to the Council is direct investment into the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan by international organizations and other companies represented by their candidates of a minimum amount of 500 million USD for investors operating in the subsoil use sector, and 125 million USD for investors operating in other sectors of economy.
Representatives of international and other organizations, banks, actively participating in developing the favorable investment climate and intensifying the investment processes in the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, may also be members of the Council.
While considering applications for admission to Council membership, the following criteria are also taken into consideration:
- participation in working groups’ activities;
- experience and business reputation of an organization or a foreign company;
- significance of the activities of an international organization or a foreign company for the economic and social development of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- participation in resolving social and environmental issues of the Republic of Kazakhstan, sponsorship and charity activities on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- willingness to strategically expand investment activities in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- participation in promoting the investment image of the Republic of Kazakhstan abroad;
- recommendations of industrial and business associations, the foreign embassies accredited in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Applications are considered by the Executive Body in the order of receipt and in case of compliance with the above mentioned criteria shall be submitted for the consideration of the Council’s Foreign Side Membership Steering Committee.
While admitting new foreign members to the Council preference will be given to international organizations and foreign companies operating in the priority sectors of the economy in view of the strategy of the industrial and innovative development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Executive Body shall develop proposals on the Council’s foreign side composition to the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan based on the Committee’s recommendations. All decisions on the Council's membership are made by the Chairman of the Council - the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.