The Foreign Investors’ Council (FIC) chaired by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan is an advisory body established by the Order of the Head of State (#3985 dated 30 June, 1998) to promote direct dialogue between the Government of Kazakhstan and foreign investors in order to efficiently address key issues related to their investment activities in the country, to improve the investment climate of Kazakhstan for the benefit of foreign investors, local and national companies, the economic development and wealth of the country and its people.
The FIC is chaired by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main objectives of the Foreign Investors’ Council include:
1. Developing and submitting recommendations to the President and Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on key investment and economic development issues, including:
- determination of key areas of the investment policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- enhancement of the investment climate in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- improvement of the legal and regulative framework on investments of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- creation of favorable investment and legal conditions for the diversification of the economy,
- development of the industrial sector, small and medium enterprises;
- further integration of the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan into global economic processes.
2. Analyzing and discussing other core investment policy issues upon the instruction of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.